Tuesday, May 1, 2012

bee block round up

Nothing like waiting till the last minute here, but this past weekend I got down to business and tackled a few bee blocks which have been sitting around begging for my attention all month.  

april do. good stitches

april do. good stitches

These fun bright hexing around blocks are for Andy in the Imagine circle of do. Good Stitches.  She had us each pick a color, and then make two blocks in that color, so she will end up with a super pretty color variated quilt in all colors of the rainbow.  Obviously my color was yellow and while these blocks totally remind me of looking up at the sun, you can't help but smile at that bright sunny color.  

april stash bee hive 4

april stash bee hive 4

As if I hadn't made enough granny square blocks as of late, for Angie's month in the Stash Bee, she requested two tone scrappy granny square blocks constructed using Jolene's granny square block tutorial.  I very likely am now able to make these blocks in my sleep by now, but I just can't get enough of them.  The scrappy versions were quite fun to pick through my scrap bins to create, hope you like them Angie!

Lastly, I just received my last block from Quarter 1 of the 4x5 bee.  This is my third round of this bee, and I'll just say that the ladies of Hive 10 certainly did not disappoint this round!

2012 4x5 bee quarter 1 blocks

These six blocks joined the others for a total of 20 blocks I've accumulated through the past three rounds I've played along with this bee.  I'm going to stick with the same colors for one more round, before whipping these blocks into a quilt top.

4x5 bee blocks received

11 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, your 4x5 blocks are looking so amazing all together!! Wow! I also really love the color scheme of your first granny square, with that mulberry pink and yellow-gold, very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great collection of blocks from the 4x5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bee blocks you've made!
    That quilt will be amazing, love the colours and so many great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOOOOOOVE your bee blocks! I'm not very well versed in the whole bee thing - am I right that others made these blocks for you from their own fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, these blocks are so fantastic. Gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those blocks. Mine also seem to creep to the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Hexing Around blocks! : ) That'll be a really fun quilt when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love your use of color and how cheerful your blog is! great squares!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That hexing around block is bright. I like it. The grandmothers garden blocks are great too. Love the colors. And those 20 blocks...wow those are some neat patterns all together. Colors play well together. What don't I like...Nothing.

    ReplyDelete